Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: ickle point

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Kathy S's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2001
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    On the of chance anyone cares-the place where I am working as a work experience/ runner/ dogsbody type there is also another work experience/ runner/ dogs body type who got a good qualification on a well known film/ television university in Ireland. Despite there degree and despite my lack of degree where are we both starting?. The same place! (er that's the bottom then) Why waste 3 years when you could start at the same place as someone who didn't waste 3 years of their life. Though some people may enjoy university life- but I think filmmakers have more fun than students

    K

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member JB617's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 4th, 2000
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One of the odd things about the film world (and possibly the best thing about it) is that you need no formal qualifications to get a job. If you want to start out as a runner/dogsbody (and this is pretty much the only way to start out in film) then you only need a willingness to work and a book with some good contacts.

    I doubt if your friend 'wasted' his time at University though. I know Chance and I have differing views on the value of a University education but I firmly believe it can be a very good way of opening ones mind to new ideas. Also I think that spending three years in a job where you don't get paid and nobody really forces you to show up enforces a style of personal dicipline and management that is a very useful asset in any type of job.

    Just some of my thoughts anyway.

    JB

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Generic Skinhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,009
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    (DEEP SIGH)

    ------------------
    Watch your back Mr Jordan!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Thousanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Could someone post a translation into Enlish for me? If not I'll have to get out my "Kathy S. into English dictionary" and thats just a pain.

    ------------------
    "Welcome to the Black Lagoon - Please wipe your feet."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •